Apply for a SeNSS ESRC-funded Post-Doctoral Fellowship
SeNSS is pleased to announce that it will be offering three ESRC-funded Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDFs) per year, for the next five years, aimed at those in the immediately post-doctoral stage of their career. These PDFs are intended to provide the opportunity for Fellows to consolidate their PhDs through developing publications, their networks, and their research and professional skills.
WHAT IS ON OFFER?
The PDF grants provide funding for up to one year full-time, or up to two years part-time to give Fellows time to prepare for a successful career in research either within or beyond academia. In exceptional cases, applicants can apply for a fellowship for up to 18 months; however, this must be fully justified by the programme of activities being proposed.
Fellowships may include the following costs:
- the Fellow's salary costs;
- indirect costs;
- estate costs; and,
- up to £10,000 of other costs.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A SeNSS ESRC-FUNDED PDF?
This call is open to applicants who have:
1) completed their PhD at a research organisation that is part of a current ESRC-funded Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) or Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT). A list of these DTPS and CDTs is available at the bottom of the ESRC Post-Doctoral Fellowships web page; AND,
2) by 23 March 2018 (the application deadline), either been awarded a PhD or submitted their thesis and passed their viva voce with minor corrections, with the expectation that their PhD will be awarded by the Fellowship start date; AND,
3) no more than 12 months of active post-doctoral experience. This 12 month period is calculated from the viva voce being passed to the closing date of the competition, 23 March 2018.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A PDF?
The first SeNSS PDF competition is now open. The ESRC’s PDF advert, call specification, FAQs and a template application form are provided below:
ESRC PDF application form - Please note that SeNSS is only accepting online applications, via its FluidReview portal. This portal will be open for applications by 5 January 2018, at which point the live link to this portal will be provided here. The ESRC application form, on which the SeNSS application is based, is provided in order to enable applicants to begin planning their applications.
All applicants must submit a completed proposal along with the required attachments through SeNSS’s online application portal by 16:00 on 23 March 2018. Further information about how to do this, as well as detailed guidance notes, will be posted by 5 January 2018.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY QUERIES?
If you have any queries, please contact the SeNSS administrative lead at the SeNSS partner university you plan to apply to (for their details, please see the "Contact" page of our website), or the SeNSS office, at email@example.com.